Thursday, April 26, 2012

IDOL UPDATE: TOP 6 GRADES & WHO GOES HOME?

American Idol, Season 11 TOP 6
Last night's Idol show was a very special one for me, tugging at some awesome memories of growing up with some great 70's music and playing all my vinyl LP's over and over.

Can I just tell you how many times I played QUEEN in my bedroom as a teen, getting screamed at many a night for playing it too loudly I might add!? One of my favorite all time R&R groups, so I was excited to hear the TOP 6 on Idol perform the songs of QUEEN, and to see a few original members of the band performing also. Can't wait for more of it all tonight!

Last week's results, I must admit, were a bit of a surprise, as we said goodbye to a very talented Colton Dixon, and based on that, anything can happen on tonight's results show and the rest of the way! So....sim the lights, and here we go.............

BEST OF THE NIGHT:
Joshua Ledet.......with two standing ovations from the judges, I think it's safe to say he was the cream of the crop last night, and deserves to be given some props. I wasn't blown away or a crazy about his rendition of Queen's "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", but it was still pretty damn good and very entertaining, and his 2nd song "Ready For Love" was performed very, very well ....OVERALL GRADE: A-


VERY GOOD:
Skylar Laine......once again, she connected on both songs she performed with the audience and had great stage presence, and showed some nice emotion on the Queen song "The Show Must Go On".....OVERALL GRADE: B+

GOOD ENOUGH TO BE 'SAFE'?:
Hollie Cavanaugh......she picked a lesser-known Queen song in "Save Me" that could hurt her, but she closed the show with a great rendition of "The Climb", which could have her climbing into the TOP 5 tonight .....OVERALL GRADE: B

WHO's IN TROUBLE & IN THE 'BOTTOM 3' TONIGHT? WILL WE BE SHOCKED AGAIN THIS WEEK!?:

Elise Testone........I know, I sound like a broken record here, especially for a contestant I really like, but I think she's in trouble again! Ugh! The Queen song was a memorable moment, and a nice choice with "I Want It All", but her Hendrix pick was not good at all, and the judges were not very complimentary either.........GRADE: C

Jessica Sanchez......just like I thought last week, even though she was not, I think she ends up in the 'bottom 3' tonight, as she did very well on her 2nd song "Dance With My Father", but had a chance to really have a moment with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", a Queen classic anthem, and flat out blew it! I was actually hoping that Joshua Ledet would have song that song, think he would have made it way more special.........OVERALL GRADE: C+

Phillip Phillips......for being only one of two guys left on the show, and arguably one of the front-runners to be in the finals, he had a very mediocre night, and has a crappy attitude as well.....his rendition of the classic "Fat Bottomed Girls", one of my most favorite Queen songs by the way, was boring and lacked any creativity....his 2nd song was a Dave Matthews song that was rather obscure and even had the judges baffled...he's in trouble tonight I believe...OVERALL GRADE: C
SO.....WHO GOES HOME TONIGHT?

I say the bottom two tonight are ELISE and PHILLIP......and ELISE, Miss 'Bottom 3' of Season 11 (didn't I say this last week too?) finally gets sent home....but....I for one will NOT be shocked at all if it's Phillip being sent home packing,with his guitar behind his back, but it's highly unlikely that he'll go with 4 girls and only 2 guys left. Sadly....I think ELISE's luck runs out! 

OK.....that's the wrap-up from Eddie Idol on this week's TOP 6 performances! Let's see what happens after America votes in your 'IDOL FAB 5' tonight on FOX!
P.S.--QUEEN ROCKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment