Jacob Lusk- sang "Bridge Over Troubled Water", recommended by Jimmy, and it was a smart choice for him. It started out rough for me, but he finished very strong. Grade B-
So when all 53 Million votes were counted, the BOTTOM 3 were Haley, Paul and Stefano. Thankfully Haley was sent to safety on the couch first, which left Paul and Stefano on the hot seats, with Paul being sent home. No surprise, I was actually thinking he could have gone weeks ago, but what a gracious loser and a great attitude, as he sang and pranced the stage singing his farewell J-Lo requested song "Maggie Mae". Nice way to exit Smiley, a class act for sure!
Some final Idol thoughts as we head into SUPER 7 week, with the TOP 7 contestants singing 'Songs from the 21st Century', so another very wide spectrum to choose from.......
- Please......no more Will I Am from the Black Eyed Peas as a guest mentor....he's horrible! UGH!
- If I hear one more 'LOVE' from the judges on a performance, I'll puke! Come on guys, start getting tougher with these contestants, esp. you Steven Tyler!
- Cut the show to 60 minutes please....it's time!
- Who ever thought we'd have heavy metal on American Idol? You go JAMES! I LOVE IT! :-)
- Haley's vocal on "Moaning", the duet with Casey on the results show, was absolutely incredible! If this girl would get some guidance from Jimmy and the boys, she's a star in the making. Jazz it up this week Haley!
I'll finish by leaving with my TOP 3 as of right now:
- Scottie McCreery
- James Durbin
- Lauren Alaina (Only because she'll probably be the last girl standing, but....Haley's more talented in my humble opinion)